Japan will lead the world in cryptocurrency adoption, in accordance with a survey of crypto traders my crew at Waves carried out final month. We surveyed 678 cryptocurrency traders from the EU, the US, Turkey, Brazil, Russia, and different international locations to gauge their degree of confidence in blockchain applied sciences and currencies.
Almost the entire respondents we interviewed (90 %) imagine in the way forward for сryptocurrency and are investing with a long-term perspective. Twenty-nine % stated they have been making short-term, speculative crypto investments. Twenty-two % stated that they had invested in cryptocurrencies with the intention to diversify their belongings, and 18 % out of curiosity. Twenty-two % stated they thought Bitcoin might develop to $20,000.
Most crypto traders within the survey had by no means invested in different types of belongings. Only 32 % of them had invested in shares or bonds, and 14 % in actual property. Another 17 % of traders had sought returns from financial institution deposits.
Despite fears from many specialists that there’s a bubble forming within the cryptocurrency market, traders point out they don’t intend to scale back their investments in a lot of these belongings. In reality, 77 % of respondents stated they count on to extend their publicity to cryptocurrencies within the coming 12 months. At the identical time, crypto traders are conscious of potential dangers. Fifty-one % of them take into account the dangers of dropping funds average, and one in 5 acknowledge a excessive danger.
Twenty-seven % of these we polled count on Japan to grow to be the worldwide chief within the growth of the cryptocurrency business subsequent 12 months, adopted by Russia (15 %) and South Korea (15 %), and the U.S. in fourth place (14 %).
In addition, 65 % of crypto traders imagine digital cash shall be built-in into the true financial system over the following 5 years. An additional 25 % take into account this a chance, and solely 10 % assume it unrealistic.
Investor views assorted fairly a bit by geography, although. American traders, for instance, have been extra prone to see the U.S. as a pacesetter in blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Twenty-nine % of the Americans we polled stated the U.S. will grow to be the worldwide chief within the growth of the cryptocurrency business subsequent 12 months. U.S. traders positioned Japan in second place (27 %), and South Korea third (12 %).
Almost the entire Americans interviewed (94 %) imagine in the way forward for сryptocurrency and have due to this fact made their investments with a long-term perspective. Cryptocurrencies have additionally supplied an instrument for short-term hypothesis for 35 % of the American traders we polled. Twenty-four % of Americans invested in cryptocurrencies with the intention to diversify their belongings, and 19 % invested out of curiosity. Eighty-five % plan to extend their publicity to cryptocurrencies within the coming 12 months.
Over 69 % of U.S. crypto traders polled have already invested in different belongings. Contrast that with EU traders, nearly all of whom haven’t beforehand invested in different belongings.
Eighty-nine % of the Europeans interviewed imagine in the way forward for сryptocurrency and are investing with a long-term perspective. European respondents count on Japan to take the lead within the crypto business, with the EU in second place and Russia in third. Fifty-nine % of European crypto traders imagine digital cash shall be built-in into the true financial system over the following 5 years.
Alexander Ivanov is CEO and founding father of the Waves blockchain platform.
The Swedish flat-pack furnishings large has made some spectacular strides into digital and augmented actuality prior to now few years, and to rejoice its success, the corporate is gifting VR headsets to its workers this 12 months for the vacations.
According to a Fast Company report, IKEA will likely be giving 14,000 of its US-based workers VR headsets.
Although the report doesn’t specify which headset the corporate is handing out, a picture featured within the report reveals what is usually known as a ‘Plastic Cardboard’, or a cell headset shell that makes use of the proprietor’s smartphone to drive VR interactions. Hooking into Google’s Cardboard app ecosystem, a ‘Plastic Cardboard’ is a neat entry-level reward that, though not delivering the best high quality expertise, is actually a superb place to begin for anybody who’s by no means had the possibility to make use of a VR headset earlier than.
An Inc report has the remainder of the main points:
“Ikea understands the world round us is altering, and we’re altering too,” mentioned Mona Liss, Ikea’s U.S. company director of PR, “so choosing a present that represents new methods of viewing the world appeared like a superb match.”
Ikea beforehand gifted its workers issues equivalent to tablets, Roku streaming gamers, and Jawbone UP health trackers. Not solely materials items, however the firm additionally contributed $113 million to 123,000 Ikea employees’ retirement funds.
Ikea launched a VR expertise final 12 months for HTC Vive that permits you to discover and work together with an Ikea kitchen. More lately, the corporate launched Ikea Places, an AR app for iOS 11 that permits you to nearly place Ikea furnishings in your personal residence. Hopefully the corporate may even carry out a cell VR expertise sooner or later so its 14,000 VR headset-owning workers can get in on the enjoyable too.
The put up IKEA is Gifting 14,000 VR Headsets to Its Employees This Holiday Season appeared first on Road to VR.