Alongside at present’s launch of the brand new iMac Pro, which the corporate is pitching as a really perfect machine for VR creators, Apple has up to date its broadly used video modifying software program, Final Cut Pro X, with what it calls a “full toolset for importing, modifying, and delivering each monoscopic and stereoscopic 360 video.”
Back at WWDC 2017 the corporate made a spread of bulletins in assist of VR within the Apple ecosystem. Among these bulletins was that Final Cut Pro X can be getting assist for 360 video modifying.
Today Apple made good on that promise with the Final Cut Pro X 10.4 replace. Front and heart within the official patch notes, and the software program’s product web page, is the brand new 360 modifying capabilities for mono and stereo equirectangular video:
- Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a variety of codecs and body sizes
- Output 360° video to a linked VR headset
- Open the 360° viewer to concurrently monitor headset and equirectangular views whereas modifying
- Option to trace motion of a VR headset within the 360° viewer in Final Cut Pro
- Add 360° results together with blurs, glows, and extra
- Share 360° video on to YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo
- Use the 360° patch to immediately take away cameras and rigs from the scene
- Use the Horizon overlay to simply change the orientation of 360° video proper within the viewer
- Edit 360° video right into a non-360° mission and animate the pan, tilt, and zoom
- Place any graphic, nonetheless, or video right into a 360° mission, then reposition and resize to suit completely into the 360° scene
- Support for monoscopic and stereoscopic 360° video
The replace additionally brings superior coloration grading and HDR video assist amongst different enhancements and fixes.
Meanwhile Adobe’s main Premiere Pro video modifying software program first received 360 video modifying assist again in 2016 and has been enhancing these capabilities over time. In October, Adobe added in-headset modifying characteristic referred to as ‘Project Clover’ to Premiere Pro, together with “positionally conscious audio,” and new transitions and results optimized for 360 video.
The submit Apple Final Cut Pro X Update Adds a “Complete Toolset” for 360 Video Editing appeared first on Road to VR.
This article sources info from Road to VR