As a lady, a mom to a tremendous daughter, a sister, a spouse, a frontrunner and a passionate girls’s rights advocate, it’s been unimaginable to bear witness to the groundswell of help for gender equality this previous yr. We’ve watched girls discover their voices, and seen the world start to pay attention extra actively.
In reality, over the past yr, the world has looked for “gender equality” greater than ever earlier than. People will not be simply asking questions; they’re in search of methods to grasp inequality, search inspiration, communicate out, and take motion. This International Women’s Day, we’re recognizing what the world is looking for, and celebrating the robust, brave girls who’re pushing us towards a extra equal future.
On our homepage as we speak, we’re commemorating girls whose tales will not be typically heard. Through an interactive Doodle, we’re highlighting the voices of 12 artists from all world wide, every sharing a private story of a second or occasion that impacted her life. Each artist featured within the Doodle tells a novel story, but the themes are common, reminding us how a lot we’ve got in frequent.
To make it simpler to seek out women-led companies on Google Maps and Search, we launched a brand new attribute that highlights native companies which can be owned, led, or based by girls. Now you could find extra companies like Reaching Out Teahouse in communities internationally.
Here are extra methods you may get concerned and have fun International Women’s Day:
- Tune in on YouTube at 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow, March 8 to listen to from Oprah Winfrey, Storm Reid, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and director Ava DuVernay of Disney’s “A Wrinkle in Time” for a particular International Women’s Day Talks at Google occasion. The solid might be joined by 40 teen women from Girls Inc as part of a Made with Code occasion.
- Explore top-searched tendencies round girls at g.co/womensday.
- Celebrate along with your Google Assistant by asking, “Hey Google, inform me quotes from inspiring girls.”
- Support the ladies behind nice apps and video games in addition to robust feminine protagonists in video games, films, TV and books on theGoogle Play retailer.
- Follow the dialog at @WomenTechmakers as over 20,000 girls in tech join and encourage each other throughout our annual Women Techmakers International Women’s Day occasions in 52 nations.
- Watch the Merrell Twins’ new YouTube collection “Project Upgrade,” premiering Saturday, March 10. Follow two YouTubers as they construct and code their very own product, all of the whereas displaying women the limitless prospects of CS and STEM.
Here’s to supporting girls all over the place within the seek for a extra equal future.
This article sources info from The Keyword