Elite Dangerous (2015), the open universe MMO house simulator from Frontier Games, is getting a brand new chapter quickly which is able to embody a brand new ship, just a few new mechanics, and enhancements to existent programs. Frontier as we speak introduced Beyond – Chapter One will probably be launching without spending a dime to all Elite Dangerous gamers on all platforms on February 27.
Chapter One is the primary replace to Elite Dangerous’ third season, Beyond, following the Thargoids assault on humanity’s starports which occurred in Horizons, the sport’s second season.
According to a Frontier discussion board submit, the studio will probably be bringing 4 Beyond updates to Elite Dangerous which they are saying will concentrate on “including new content material, uncovering and progressing the mysteries of the galaxy and enhancing current core gameplay experiences.”
Elite Dangerous helps HTC Vive and Oculus Rift on Steam, and for Rift on Oculus Home. As for conventional displays, ED helps PS4, XBOX, and PC.
Frontier says they’ll have a extra detailed rundown on the entire adjustments coming within the 3.0 Update on their discussion board within the close to future. Here’s the present listing of options coming in Beyond – Chapter One:
- New Ship: Chieftain – Elite Dangerous Horizons Commanders may also be capable to take to the celebrities within the new Alliance Chieftain, designed not solely to dish out punishment, however to keep away from it. Manufactured by Lakon Spaceways, the Chieftain is extra maneuverable than ships of comparable dimension and weight, and its fight profile means it could greater than maintain its personal in a combat.
- Improved Core Mechanics – Chapter 1 of Beyond will carry enhancements to a few of Elite Dangerous’ core mechanics, together with accessibility enhancements to the engineering mechanics, an overhaul of mission rewards and massive adjustments to Crime and Punishment. We’ll be sharing extra info on the adjustments to Crime and Punishment, and the Engineers in a future submit right here on the boards and within the livestreams talked about above.
- Wing Missions – Chapter 1 of Beyond provides you with the possibility to tackle wing missions together with your fellow Commanders, sharing each the efforts and rewards.
- Revised Trade Data – Commanders will now be capable to entry commerce knowledge from programs they’ve beforehand visited, in an effort to make extra knowledgeable choices when delivery items throughout the Milky Way.
- Planetary Visual Improvements – Chapter 1 additionally consists of the primary of the planetary visible enhancements coming as a part of the Beyond collection of updates (with extra floor degree enhancements coming later within the 12 months) bringing a brand new vibrancy to the Elite Dangerous galaxy.
- GalNet Audio – With the introduction of GalNet Audio, it is possible for you to to atone for the newest information from throughout the galaxy with out ever leaving the motion.
The submit ‘Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter One’ to Arrive on All Supported Platforms February 27th appeared first on Road to VR.
This article sources info from Road to VR