Fun truth: Four of our 10 hottest tales this yr are about Electronic Arts’s Star Wars: Battlefront II state of affairs (aka “CrateGate”) although it simply occurred final month.
As a part of our GamesBeat Rewind year-end occasion, we’re looking again at our high tales from this yr. It’s a mixture of guides, information about large franchises testing the massively multiplayer on-line waters, and peeks at in-game occasions comparable to hitting Prestige rank in Call of Duty: WWII. And, in fact, plenty of Battlefront II.
1. Square Enix faucets Mobile Strike maker MZ to create Final Fantasy XV cellular MMO by Dean Takahashi
Big publishers proceed to attempt to conquer the cellular market, and this time Square Enix is partnering with profitable Mobile Strike and Game of War builders MZ to take action.
2. Magic: The Gathering is turning into an MMO by Mike Minotti
Cryptic Studios and Perfect World beforehand teamed up with Wizards of the Coast to make Neverwinter, and now they’ve obtained their sights set on a Magic: The Gathering massively multiplayer on-line role-playing recreation.
3. Zelda: Breath of the Wild suggestions: How to kill Guardians, climb within the rain, and extra by Jeff Grubb
Some hints and suggestions for surviving Hyrule.
4. The Nintendo Switch can deal with Doom with all its blood and guts by Dean Takahashi
It’s nonetheless just a little bizarre to see Doom on the Nintendo Switch subsequent to lovely video games like Overcooked and squeaky clear enjoyable like Super Mario Odyssey, however apparently it performs effectively with the hardware.
5. Lucasfilm oversees Electronic Arts Star Wars video games with weekly conferences by Jeff Grubb
A behind-the-scenes have a look at the inventive course of of creating a video recreation primarily based on one of many greatest IPs.
6. EA’s protection of Star Wars: Battlefront II is now Reddit’s most downvoted remark by Mike Minotti
EA tries to clarify its loot containers and its development system, and other people aren’t very joyful about it.
7. Star Wars: Battlefront II nearly had far more Overwatch-style hero skins by Jeff Grubb
The beauty loot containers that might’ve been however for some cause by no means have been.
8. Star Wars: Battlefront II microtransactions go offline till EA can ‘make modifications’ by Jeff Grubb
After intense fan outrage, EA re-examines its loot-box system.
9. Call of Duty: WWII — Here’s what occurs if you hit Prestige rank by Dean Takahashi
An inspirational article about what occurs if you hit the highest stage in Call of Duty: WWII multiplayer.
10. SuperKnowledge: Hearthstone trumps all comers in card market that can hit $1.4 billion in 2017 by Mike Minotti
Three years later, Blizzard’s Hearthstone remains to be the king of the digital card recreation class.
This article sources data from VentureBeat