The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR is lastly right here for Rift, Vive, and Windows VR house owners! What was initially launched as a PSVR timed-exclusive late final yr has made the transition to the older, extra highly effective, and extra feature-rich PC VR platforms. Anyone that’s ever performed The Elder Scrolls video games (or any Bethesda video games for that matter) is aware of that modding is at all times an enormous a part of the expertise on PC.
Unfortunately, Bethesda will not be providing official mod help on Skyrim VR or Fallout 4 VR, however that isn’t stopping followers from tinkering anyway. As anticipated, it didn’t take lengthy for the web to figure out easy methods to mod Skyrim VR, so we’re going to interrupt it down for everybody that desires to do one thing magical like improve the dragons of their Skyrim VR playthrough. Tyriel Wood posted this video over on Reddit, which was then summarized by Reddit person -Chell.
Here are the steps to get mods put in for Skyrim VR on PC, you’ll have to be a bit tech savvy:
- First, launch Skyrim VR and ensure it runs correctly. Once confirmed, stop.
- Now in your PC navigate to:
Documents>My Games>Skyrim VRand open the
- Add the heading
[Launcher]on the backside. Then, proper beneath it, add the road:
Nexus Mod Manager
- If you haven’t already, we extremely suggest that you simply obtain and set up the Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) to prepare and maintain monitor of all of your mods.
- Now, run NMM (administration mode could also be required). Once it opens, cancel the auto search (“Stop Searching” button) on the backside proper of the display screen.
- Next, click on the “…” button proper under the place it says Skyrim Special Edition.
- Select the folder:
*(steam set up path)*SteamsteamappscommonSkyrimVR
- Click the little test mark above and ignore the warning that it couldn’t discover the .exe.
- Once you’ve chosen the mods you wish to set up and downloaded them, that you must navigate to …
appdatalocalSkyrim Special Editionand duplicate the
plugins.txtto your clipboard.
- Now, navigate to
appdatalocalSkyrim VRand paste the plugins.txt doc into this folder.
- Finally simply shut NMM and begin adventuring!
Once once more, you may take a look at the unique Reddit thread for solutions to loads of widespread questions and troubleshooting about the entire course of.
Unfortunately, this implies there’s nonetheless no mod help for Skyrim VR on PSVR in any respect. Also, it’s best to give attention to utilizing Skyrim Special Edition mods, not mods for the outdated, authentic Skyrim. And lastly, any mods that require the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) mod as a prerequisite should not going to work because the SKSE isn’t appropriate in any respect. So yeah, meaning no SkyUI. Sad day.
What are a few of your favourite mods to make use of are in Skyrim VR? We’ll be making a listing of a few of our favorites quickly this week. Let us know down within the feedback under!
Tagged with: Bethesda, mods, Skyrim VR, steam
This article sources info from UploadVR