An replace coming this spring, and out there early to Windows Insiders with the 17115 construct, is claimed to enhance the efficiency of some video games bought via Steam for Microsoft-backed headsets just like the Samsung Odyssey.
According to a weblog publish from Microsoft, the replace consists of:
- A brand-new atmosphere. In October we talked about that the Cliff House was the primary of many environments you’ll be capable of take pleasure in in Windows Mixed Reality, and now we’re rolling out the Skyloft so that you can customise and develop your MR expertise. You can navigate there by choosing Places on the Mixed Reality Start menu.
- As requested, we’ve added haptic suggestions to the movement controllers for SteamVR video games.
- We’ve improved efficiency in SteamVR video games with considerably decrease video RAM utilization. We’ve additionally improved the efficiency of reside video preview within the Mixed Reality Portal on desktop.
- You can now take blended actuality pictures immediately out of your controller by holding the Windows button after which tapping the set off. This works throughout environments and apps aside from capturing content material protected with DRM.
- The automated efficiency settings have been up to date to supply an optimized expertise, and we’ve added a brand new setting to override the default in Settings > Mixed Reality > Headset show.
- Setup now offers extra detailed details about widespread compatibility points with USB3.0 controllers and graphics playing cards.
If you’ve gotten one of many Microsoft-backed headsets please chime within the feedback beneath sharing how the brand new replace improves the expertise.
This article sources info from UploadVR