Having simply celebrated a profitable closed beta, which confirmed off a few of the sport’s new mechanics and solo problem mode, Survios now says its infectious footracer Sprint Vector is about to launch on HTC Vive and Oculus Rift on February eighth. PlayStation VR gamers must wait till February 13th to affix within the enjoyable.
Sprint Vector encompasses a distinctive locomotion system, which Survios dubs ‘Fluid Locomotion’. By pumping your arms, you generate ahead movement, very similar to a skier may when utilizing ski polls. But it’s not nearly skating your strategy to the end; it’s important to bounce, climb, drift, fling, and fly at speeds that on paper sound unattainable in VR. We’ve adopted Sprint Vector because it was first revealed again at GDC final 12 months, and might attest to only how comfy the high-speed racing expertise actually is.
Much just like the Mario Kart franchise, Sprint Vector options power-ups like weapons, traps, and nitro to maintain issues fascinating; though you’d be forgiven in the event you forgot all about it whereas desperately pumping your arms, tossing your self 30 toes into the air and flying to hit that important pace increase to inch you into first place.
The closed beta solely featured a fraction of the sport’s content material, so right here’s a full checklist of the sport’s options:
- Competitive multiplayer matches: Public and personal on-line multiplayer modes pit as much as eight gamers in opposition to one another in intense, high-speed races as you vie for a spot on the Global Leaderboards.
- 12 aggressive race tracks: Scale towering pyramids and plunge into alien ruins, leap throughout bottomless pits whereas dodging debilitating blobs of sludge, or survive the trap-riddled streets of an historical metropolis. A dozen advanced race programs stuffed with obstacles, alternate paths, and game-changing power-ups make for limitless replay worth.
- Customizable solo play: Run the course at your personal tempo and study the ropes with customizable solo sport settings.
- Nine problem programs: Take on these diabolical programs designed to check your sprinting prowess to the acute. Tackle three particular challenges throughout 9 single-player problem programs with Local and Global Leaderboards.
- Eight intergalactic opponents: Choose from eight colourful characters pulled from each nook of the galaxy, from infamous road artist Daxx to ethereal Luna to streetwise hammerhead Hendrix, every with a number of skins to unlock.
- Power-ups galore: Utilize a variety of power-ups, from explosive proximity mines to nitro pace and racer-seeking rockets, to achieve a bonus over the competitors.
Survios additionally tells us that a beauty pores and skin pack can be obtainable to all PC racers freed from cost, that are mentioned to have an “worldwide spin simply in time for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games.” These international-inspired skins signify 16 nations and can be found throughout all eight playable characters.
- Steam (Vive & Rift)
- Oculus Home (Rift)
- PlayStation Network (PSVR)
The put up ‘Sprint Vector’ Gets February eighth PC Launch Date, Feb 13th for PSVR appeared first on Road to VR.
This article sources data from Road to VR