Today we mark an vital milestone in Search Console’s historical past: we’re graduating the brand new Search Console out of beta! With this commencement we’re additionally launching the Manual Actions report and a “Test Live” functionality to the lately launched URL inspection instrument, that are becoming a member of a stream of reviews and options we launched within the new Search Console over the previous few months.
Our journey to the brand new Search Console
We launched the brand new Search Console initially of the 12 months. Since then we’ve been busy listening to and responding to your suggestions, including new options such because the URL Inspection Tool, and migrating key reviews and options. Here’s what the brand new Search Console provides you:
- Get an correct view of your web site content material utilizing the Index Coverage report.
- Review your Search Analytics information going again 16 months within the Performance report.
- See data on hyperlinks pointing to your web site and inside your web site utilizing the Links report.
- Retrieve crawling, indexing, and serving data for any URL immediately from the Google index utilizing the URL Inspection Tool.
Better alerting and new “mounted it” flows:
- Get automated alerts and see a list of pages affected by Crawling, Indexing, AMP, Mobile Usability, Recipes, or Job posting points.
- Reports now present the HTML code the place we expect a repair mandatory (if relevant).
- Share data shortly with the related folks in your group to drive the repair.
- Notify Google whenever you’ve mounted a difficulty. We will evaluate your pages, validate whether or not the difficulty is mounted, and return an in depth log of the validation findings.
Simplified sitemaps and account settings administration:
- Let Google know the way your web site is structured by submitting sitemaps
- Submit particular person URLs for indexing (see beneath).
- Add new websites to your account, invite and handle customers.
Out of Beta
While the outdated Search Console nonetheless has some options that aren’t but out there within the new one, we consider that the commonest use circumstances are supported, in an improved approach, within the new Search Console. When an equal characteristic exists in each outdated and new Search Console, our messages will level customers to the brand new model. We’ll additionally add a reminder hyperlink within the outdated report. After an affordable interval, we are going to take away the outdated report.
Read extra about the best way to migrate from outdated to the brand new Search Console, together with an inventory of improved reviews and the best way to carry out frequent duties, in our assist heart.
Manual Actions and Security Issues alerts
To make sure that you do not miss any essential alerts in your web site, lively guide actions and safety points shall be proven immediately on the Overview web page within the new console. In addition, the Manual Actions report has gotten a brisker look within the new Search Console. From there, you possibly can evaluate the small print for any pending Manual Action and, if wanted, file a reconsideration request.
URL Inspection – Live mode and request indexing
The URL inspection instrument that we launched just a few months in the past now lets you run the inspection on the reside model of the web page. This is beneficial for debugging and fixing points in a web page or confirming whether or not a reported subject nonetheless exists in a web page. If the difficulty is mounted on the reside model of the web page, you possibly can ask Google to recrawl and index the web page.
We’re not completed but!
Your suggestions is vital to us! As we evolve Search Console, your suggestions helps us to tune our efforts. You can nonetheless change between the outdated and new merchandise simply, so any lacking performance you want is just some clicks away. We will proceed engaged on shifting extra reviews and instruments in addition to including thrilling new capabilities to the brand new Search Console.
Posted by Hillel Maoz and Yinnon Haviv, Engineering Leads, Search Console staff
This article sources data from Google Webmaster Central Blog