We wish to take a second to thank all of our customers and supporters for a tremendous 2017, and we sit up for welcoming what is bound to be an thrilling 2018.
As such, we thought it applicable to share a few of what we achieved collectively up to now yr and what we’re trying ahead to within the new yr.
Brave Browser + Basic Attention Token Platform:
- Over 1 million month-to-month lively customers on the finish of 2017.
- 31% desktop customers and 69% cell customers.
- Majority of customers reside within the U.S. and the EU.
- The progress price is powerful and we anticipate tens of millions extra by the tip of 2018.
- Sold 1 billion utility tokens for roughly $36 million in lower than 30 seconds on May 31, 2017.
- Set apart 300 million tokens within the User Growth Pool (UGP) to be used to carry customers and publishers onto the platform.
Publishers and Partners:
- Over 2,500 web sites verified in 2017, bringing the general variety of Brave Publishers (together with YouTube creators) to over 4,000.
- Over 1,400 YouTube creators registered after we introduced they might straight obtain tokens. We plan extra packages to straight help creators on different platforms in 2018.
- Formed a partnership for personal shopping with DuckDuckGo. We additionally partnered with Uphold to facilitate Brave Payments. More partnerships are within the works and can be introduced all through 2018.
- User Grants: About 10,000 customers acquired 300,000 tokens in lower than 30 hours. We plan extra and bigger person grants in 2018 from the UGP.
- We will quickly launch extra packages that straight contain customers and publishers in an effort to broaden the use and utility the platform.
- BAT was built-in into Brave Payments in October 2017. It permits customers to reward publishers by “pinning” particular quantities to them or by permitting the browser to mechanically and anonymously disseminate a month-to-month finances professional rata primarily based and/or pinned by proportion to websites visited. Brave Payments supplies the power to carry, ship and convert BAT — facilitated by means of a partnership with Uphold.
- Created the power of Brave customers to donate on to YouTube creators.
- In 2018, we are going to carry BAT options to cell platforms and can launch personal adverts that pay customers.
- Brave Browser Github Development: 161 Browser-laptop contributors, 78 iOS contributors and 9 Android contributors.
- Brave Community: 7.7k whole customers, with over 467okay web page views in December 2017.
- 51 BAT Regional Leaders, masking 37 areas.
Award: Team wins Ethereum hackathon in Waterloo, Ontario with integration of Metamask.
Select 2017 News Clips:
- Bloomberg: Google and Facebook Too Can Be Disrupted — “I’ve lengthy thought-about at this time’s web promoting mannequin a rip-off: It’s a system by which large, monopolistic corporations — Google and Facebook — are promoting inflated person numbers and overhyped focusing on alternatives to advertisers whereas gathering approach an excessive amount of details about customers and dishonest content material creators out of their justifiable share of income.”
- The Sunday Times: Gunning for Google — “Brendan Eich, the web guru, is constructing a brand new browser known as Brave — one that’s free from undesirable adverts and sneaky methods to skim your private information. The web, he stated, has degenerated right into a “baffling ordeal” of pop-up home windows, sneaky monitoring software program and a relentless stream of undesirable adverts.”
- Cnet: Brave Browser Lets You Pay Your Favorite YouTube Stars — “It’s all a part of Brave’s try and rewrite the principles of internet advertising. Today’s on-line adverts are sometimes equipped by a witches’ brew of promoting intermediaries that Brave needs to supplant with a system that retains your on-line conduct information personal.”
- EnterpriseBeat: Ad-blocking browser Brave courts new customers with free crypto tokens — “We are discussing offers with high US and UK publishers who see the issues of the Google/Facebook ‘duopoly’ in addition to the inefficient, fraud-plagued advert tech ‘Lumascape’.”
Favorite 2017 Quote: “The days of giving digital a cross are over. It’s time to develop up. It’s time for motion… [We don’t] wish to waste money and time on a crappy media provide chain.” Michael Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer, P&G (largest advertiser on the earth), in AdAge.
Again, thanks all for making these achievements potential, serving to us to create a sooner, safer, extra personal browser whereas reforming digital promoting. It is simply collectively that we will really create a motion to make a Better Web.
And keep in mind, we’re hiring worldwide, so please try our job listings when you’d like to affix us!
This article sources info from Stories by Basic Attention Token on Medium